Monday, June 8, 2009

My Aging Husband

We celebrated Jordan's 27th birthday (he's OLD!) last weekend. We started off with a hike to Lookout Mountain. In the past, we've only hiked in Boulder so it was exciting to go somewhere else. We hiked to 6,950 feet and finally made it to the top. The views were well worth it. We looked to the west and saw into the endless mountain range and canyon and looked to the east to see downtown.



The next day we had a BBQ in Wash Park with Jordan's cousin and some friends. I learned a new game - white trash horseshoes!

On his actual birthday, Jordan had to work. I made monkey bread in the morning. There isn't a better way to start off the day than with bread drenched in sugar, brown sugar, and butter! Talk about spiking your blood sugar. That night we went out for sushi......




....and came home to our homemade peanut butter ice cream cake. The ingredients: peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter chocolate ice cream, peanut butter chunk cookies, chopped Reese's peanut butter cups, and peanut butter chocolate sauce drizzled on top. I don't even really like peanut butter but it was pretty tasty. I would even go as far to say it was better than Coldstone.

2 comments:

MissAllycat said...

HOLY MOTHER. That cake looks delicious! :)

Judy said...

That looks like something for a serious peanut butter lover! Wish I could have been there to eat some. Sounds like a fun birthday for Jordan.