We were a little early for our reservation, so we went across the street to an Irish bar called "Delaney's" and had a drink.
When we arrived at the restaurant, they brought out a "tasting" of Poached Pear, Gorganzola, and Elderflower Syrup. It was tiny but tasty. We also had a plate of bread and roasted garlic. I loved the huge cloves of garlic to spread on the bread.
The next course was our appetizers. Jordan had Korean BBQ Shrimp Cocktail with scallion aioli and wonton chips, and I had the Roasted Vegetable and Potato Samosas. I love samosas! Everything at Vesta is served with dipping sauces and the samosas came with red curry and roasted corn sauce. I also decided to order the wine flight. The appetizer wine was a Chardonnay.

I think our waiter was trying to hurry us along, because I took my last bite of Samosas, and out came our entrees! Jordan chose the Grilled Hangar Steak with Parmesan gold potato mash, truffled apple salad, and smoked onion jus. I got the Vegetarian Mixto grilled vegetables, roasted wild mushrooms, and mascarpone grits. It was one of the best tasting meals I have ever had. I could not stop eating! The dipping sauces with our entrees were cilantro pesto, sunset hot (and it was very hot), and rosemary ginger sauce. The wine pairing was Sauvignon Blanc.

Thankfully, the desserts didn't come out right away or I wouldn't have been able to eat any of it. Jordan ordered the Lemon Bar with Honey Ice Cream and Sea Salt Caramel and I ordered the Chocolate Swiss Roll with Fudge Ice Cream and Mixed Berry Coulis with a wine pairing of La Marca Prosecco. I know I gave up chocolate for Lent, but how could I really pass that up?? I'll just be extra good for the next week.



1 comment:
Oh my gosh Vanessa, what a great blog entry. I could almost taste the food. You did a great job of describing everything. You could work for a food magazine.
Post a Comment