Last night Jordan and I ran the Skirt Chaser 5K. We ran it last year and had a blast! Basically, the women wear running skirts and start at 5:00pm. Then at 5:03pm, they let the men start. So, for awhile at least, the men are chasing after the skirts. Unfortunately, it doesn't take long for the men to catch up to the women. Jordan passed me at about 8 minutes. He actually didn't see me and all of a sudden I noticed him about 5 - 10 yards up. It didn't look like he was going extremely fast, so I thought it would be fun to catch up and surprise him. I started sprinting (when I checked the Garmin later I saw that I was running at a 6:40 pace!), but no luck. My lungs and legs weren't cooperating and Jordan runs so darn fast! I had to slow back down.
We both decided that we wanted to PR at this race. I couldn't remember what my best 5K time was exactly, but I figured it was around 29:00. Jordan's post high school PR was 19:47.
Skirt Chaser results:
Vanessa's time: 27:22 (avg. pace 8:49 - very fast for me!)
Jordan's time: 19:14 (avg. pace 6:11 - very fast!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW - you both had very fast times - I'm IMPRESSED! Way to go! (I love reading your blog.)
Post a Comment