On Sunday, I will be competing at the Tri for the Cure triathlon. Since this is my first tri, I haven't set time goals for any of the events. I truly just want to have a good time and finish the race. My wise sister-in-law once told me "If you're going to make goals, make sure you WILL attain them."
So, here are my "goals" for 1st Sprint Tri:
Swim: Freestyle all the way (no doggie paddling, black floating, etc - except if I get kicked in the face)
Bike: I don't really know much about biking, so I guess I just want to pedal fast! :)
Run: Run the whole way (minimal or no walk breaks - this will be a tough one)
The other weekend, I did an open water swim. It was a little unnerving - I'm used to clear, chlorinated, clean pool water...not murky, brown, cold water. I hate fish and I don't like that I can't see the bottom. Needless to say, I had to use a lot of positive self-talk while I was in the water, but I managed to make it!
I'm not much of a biker. I've only biked a long distance (10+ miles) twice in the past few months, but I know I can do it. I just won't do it fast.
The running will probably be the most difficult. There are times that I struggle running a 5K without stopping, and that's without swimming and biking beforehand.
Think of me on Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck, good luck, good luck!! You're going to have SO MUCH FUN. I can't wait to hear about it!!
I'll be thinking of you on Sunday!! When Allison runs I always tell her that I'll be thinking of her in mile 8 (cause my birthday is on the 8th :) so I'll tell you the same thing! "I'll be thinking of you when you're biking in mile 8! Good luck - you'll do GREAT!
Post a Comment