Dear M.s Mayer,
You have been an exellent teacher So far. Have a great Christmas!
Magnifacent
Awsome teacher
You're a great cook
Educational
Respectful
First of all.. how "awsome" can I be if there are four mistakes on the card?? She doesn't even know to put the period after the "Ms"! I am Mrs. anyway.
I thought it was flattering that she complimented my cooking. The only treats I've taken my kids this year are the burned or tasteless ones that we won't eat at home!
_____
A card from a parent. Can you find the mistakes??:
Mrs. Mayer
Im sure glad your his teacher again. Merry Christmas
No wonder I'm having a hard time getting the kids to understand your vs. you're. Their parents can't even do it! I really don't think homophones are that difficult.
I had better start working on punctuation!
_____
And one final story...
This Kindergarten student said to me the other day, "Do you know who Jesus' mom is?"
"Who?" I replied.
He said in a very excited and animated voice, "MY MOM! My mom is Jesus' mom!!"
"Reeeaaally?" I asked. His older sister proceeded to tell me that he did NOT know what he was talking about. Their mom's name was, in fact, not Mary.
"Yes," the boy declared. "I read it in a book!"
I'm guessing he had been reading about our "Mother Mary" in a Christmas book or something.
Those little kids are so cute!
1 comment:
Kids say the darndest things. :) I'm glad to see you're writing these things down!
Post a Comment