I love watching the winter Olympics! We kicked off the two weeks at our friend's opening ceremonies get together. Once the games started, I realized I actually enjoy these more than the summer games. Every event is so entertaining and Vancouver is beautiful. I never thought I'd want to take a vacation to somewhere colder than the US, but I really want to visit! Add Canada to my list.
Watching the women's snowboarding made me realize how much of a wuss I am. I haven't even made if off the green runs yet. Seriously. Last weekend my biggest fall was when I was trying to dodge a six-year-old skiier and his mom trailing behind yelling "Pizza! French fries!" to help him control his skis. Jordan says I'm ready for blues, but I get a little freaked out when there is any type of steep-ness.
We went skiing for Valentine's day. It was perfect. We slept in, got ready, and made it to the slopes by noon. But it was VERY cold and snowy so I didn't want to do many runs (like I said, I'm kind of a wuss). After about three long runs down the mountain, we drove over to the movie theater as we waited for traffic to die down. I should have been practicing my moves because in a few short weeks, Jordan's family will be visiting for a ski weekend. I'll probably hang out on the greens that weekend by myself. We are heading up to the mountains today again for some more practice.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment